Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Spring Spectacular!


The kids participated in a "mini-meet" yesterday for gymnastics. It's intended to give gymnasts who are not yet on a competitive team the experience of a meet-like atmosphere. It's incredible to see their improved skills from one season to the next. Grandma, Lola and Lolo were all there to watch! We're so proud of them!


She performed in four events: beam, floor, vault, and bar. He did all six events: floor, rings, vault, parallel bars, high bar, and pommel horse. I am such a novice at video recording -- please forgive the shaky moments.

Here she is on the beam:




Here he is on the rings. This was only for practice. When he did it "for real" he didn't need the coach's help. However, my camera was focused on Sophie's vault and I missed the final.




And here are their floor routines:


Unfortunately, I did not charge the camcorder enough so I missed about half of it. Grandma came to the rescue and recorded the whole thing. Now, I need to figure out how to convert 8mm to digital video...

1 comment:

  1. Hey kids! Uncle Pat & Autie Shell here--- You guys did a great job! We were cheering you on and clapping! Jack you are amazingly strong and awesome. Sophie you are very graceful and performed beautifully. We're so proud of you both. We love you!

    ReplyDelete