I rear-ended the car in front of me while driving to work this morning. While it was horrible, and I damaged his car (who happens to be a parent at the same school the kids go to), and I really damaged my car (the front bumper is fine, but the hood is crumpled and the radiator cracked), and I will have to pay for my car insurance deductible and for a rental car, there are several things that I am very grateful for:
- The kids were not in the car - I had just dropped them off
- My insurance agent is my husband's uncle, who was very kind, and met me at the scene, took me to the collision shop, then took me to the car rental shop
- The man I hit was so understanding, and I think he was concerned that I was so upset (so upset that I could not stop crying)
- The officer was also very kind and understanding -- and happened to have worked with my husband in the service.
- My boss was very understanding and did not expect me to even show up to work today.
So yes, it could have been much worse. Perhaps there is one more lesson other than being totally overcome by the kindness of others. I think God is whispering to me, "Slow down. Breathe. It will be alright."
Oh my goodness! God is really watching over you. It's amazing how he clearly showed that with the people that surrounded you. We're so sorry to hear this happened and incredibly grateful that you are fine and the kids were safe. Hope you are feeling somewhat better tonight. We'll give you call to check-in. Much love to you!
ReplyDelete